Introduction to school
- We are a Methodist Primary Academy with Nursery provision for 2-4 year olds.
- In addition to the nursery, the school is a one form entry with 7 classes.
- There are strong links with Hindley Green Methodist Church which enriches pupils’ religious, spiritual, moral and social education.
- The school's church links contribute a valuable dimension to its Christian ethos
- Each child has access to an English and Maths based lesson each day. For English this includes phonics, reading study, comprehension, extended writing or grammar work. For Maths this will include problem solving and basic skills work.
- The Cornerstones Curriculum is used to deliver the wider curriculum through a topic based approach based upon the teaching of key skills.
- Aspects of the curriculum that do not naturally fit in with topics are taught discretely for example RE, PE and some science topics.
- Visits and visitors are used develop and extend the teaching within the classroom.