P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Bedford Hall Methodist Primary School. We recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Sports Premium Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through developing links with local high schools and sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways;
- Up-skilling of staff to enhance quality of PE provision being delivered in school.
- Partnership work on PE with other schools and local partners
- Improved participation in activities and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Making physical education curriculum inclusive
- Provide a range of provision and alternative sporting activities
- Links with other subjects that contribute well to pupils overall achievement and their greater SMSC skills.
- Wider extra-curricular opportunities
- Participation and success in competitive school sports